Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Won't be drinking Starbucks any more

This story about Starbucks not supporting the troops is a FALSE Urban Legend!

Read about it on snopes: http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/starbucks.asp

Here is a RETRACTION email from the guy who sent out the original email.....

Dear Readers,

Almost 5 months ago I sent an email to you my faithful friends. I did a wrong thou that needs to be cleared up. I heard from word of mouth about how Starbucks said they didn't support the war and all. I was having enough of that kind of talk and didn't do my research properly like I should have. This is not true. Starbucks supports the men and women in uniform. They have personally contacted me and I have been sent many of their Company's policy on this issue. So I apologize for this quick wrong letter I sent out to you. Now I ask that you all pass this email around to everyone you passed the last one to. Thank you very much for understanding about this.

Howard C. Wright
Sgt USMC


Read more emails at http://www.emailgems.blogspot.com

This is the original FALSE email:

Guess I will not be drinking Starbucks any more. Recently Marines in Iraq wrote to Starbucks because they wanted to let them know how much they liked their coffees and to request that they send some of it to the troops there.

Starbucks replied, telling the Marines thank you for their support of their business, but that Starbucks does not support the war, nor anyone in it, and that they would not send the troops their brand of coffee.

So as not to offend Starbucks, maybe we should not support them by buying any of their products! I feel we should get this out in the open. I know this war might not be very popular with some folks, but that doesn't mean we don't support the boys on the ground fighting street-to-street and house-to-house.

If you feel the same as I do then pass this along, or you can discard it and no one will ever know. Thanks very much for your support. I know you'll all be there again when I deploy once more.

Semper Fidelis. "Sgt. Howard C. Wright 1st
Force Recon Co1st Plt

PLEASE DON'T DELETE THIS .. ALLOW IT TO BE PASSED TO ALL IN MEMORY OF ALL THE TROOPS WHO HAVE DIED SO THAT WE MAY HAVE THE RIGHT TO CHOOSE TO SUPPORT THEM OR NOT!!!


Now, just as Sgt. Wright requested, PLEASE Forward this along to EVERYONE to help clear up this FALSE story!

www.emailgems.blogspot.com/ - WE SUPPORT ALL THE TROOPS AND WE SUPPORT THE TRUTH! :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is still (8 years later) floating around out there. It's now on Facebook....